Loyola defeats Bucknell 55-49, wins third straightDec 29, 2009 - 2:19 AM LEWISBURG, Pa.(AP) -- Anthony Winbush scored 17 points to tie his career-high and lead Loyola-Maryland to a 55-49 victory over Bucknell on Monday night for the Greyhounds' third straight win.
Winbush shot 6-for-9 and nailed two 3-pointers for Loyola (7-5). Jamal Barney chipped in with 10 points and five rebounds.
Trailing by six points late in the second half, Bucknell's Darryl Shazier nailed a 3 to cut the Greyhounds' lead to 52-49 with 25 seconds remaining. But Barney responded with a layup 4 seconds later to push the lead to 54-49, and G.W. Boon missed a 3 with 11 seconds left that would have cut the lead to two. Loyola's Brett Harvey made 1 of 2 free throws with 9 seconds remaining for the final score.
Bucknell (4-9) was led by Mike Muscala, who finished with 10 points, six rebounds and four blocks. The Bison are now on a six-game losing streak.
- Bucknell downs Robert Morris, 81-76 Nov 18
- No. 12 Villanova holds off Bucknell Nov 20
- Villanova and Bucknell clash in Legends Classic Nov 20
- Irvin, No. 24 Michigan rout Bucknell Nov 18
- Bison battle Wolverines in Legends Classic melee Nov 17
- Late surge gets No. 13 UConn past Loyola Nov 27
- Greyhounds hoping to run past 13th-ranked Huskies Nov 26
- Loyola-Maryland promotes Smith to head coach Apr 12
- Bucknell rewards Paulsen with new deal Mar 28
- Late run lifts Butler past Bucknell Mar 21
- Bison, Bulldogs square off in East Regional action Mar 20
- Bucknell bests Lafayette for Patriot crown Mar 13