San Jose State defeats UC Irvine 78-68Dec 29, 2009 - 5:22 AM SAN JOSE, Calif.(AP) -- Adrian Oliver scored 29 points and had seven rebounds, leading San Jose State to a 78-68 victory over UC Irvine on Monday night.
Mac Peterson added 13 points for the Spartans (7-5), while C.J. Webster and Justin Graham had 10 points apiece.
Eric Wise led Irvine (6-6) with a career-high 31 points. Senior guard Michael Hunter added 19 to become the 19th player in school history to score at least 1,000 points in his career. He entered the game with 999.
San Jose State opened the second half with an 8-1 run to build a 49-36 lead and pushed its advantage to 59-44 on Robert Owens' 3-pointer with 12:47 to play.
The Anteaters later put together a 7-0 run to pull within 61-53, but they never got any closer.
Spartans center Chris Oakes was reinstated by the NCAA on Monday after missing the past three due to an eligibility issue.
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- Louisville edges UC Irvine, avoids upset Mar 20
- Anteaters hope to sniff out victory against seasoned Cardinals Mar 20
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- Arizona runs away from UC Irvine Nov 20
- No. 2 Arizona plays host to UC Irvine Nov 19
- No. 13 San Diego State dominates San Jose State Feb 26
- Aztecs tangle with Spartans in MWC affair Feb 25
- No. 7 SDSU routs San Jose State Jan 23
- Aztecs and Spartans mix it up in Mountain West melee Jan 22
- Oregon thumps UC Irvine, moves to 10-0 Dec 18