Fairfield knocks off St. Francis 65-58Dec 30, 2009 - 2:44 AM BRIDGEPORT, Conn.(AP) -- Yorel Hawkins scored 14 points to lead four Fairfield players in double figures as the Stags defeated St. Francis (N.Y.) 65-58 on Tuesday night.
Fairfield (9-3) outscored the Terriers (3-8) 42-29 in the second half to erase a 29-23 halftime deficit and win for the fifth time in six games.
Ryan Olander hit a layup and Derek Needham and Hawkins hit jumpers before Needham hit a 3-pointer for a 9-0 streak to start the second half.
Akeem Bennett hit a layup for the Terriers' first points of the second half, but Anthony Johnson and Lyndon Jordan countered with baskets as the Stags stretched their run to 13-2 for a 36-31 lead with 16:27 left in the game.
Fairfield shot 51.1 percent from the field (15-for-29) in the second half.
Johnson scored 13 points, Needham had 12 and Olander added 10 points for the Stags.
Bennett scored 16 points to lead St. Francis.
- St. Francis Brooklyn holds off Robert Morris 82-72 Feb 20
- St. Francis (BKN) holds off Robert Morris 56-49 Jan 9
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- No. 4 Duke reaches triple digits in rout of Fairfield Nov 15
- No. 4 Duke gets right back to work against Fairfield Nov 15
- Harrell lifts Louisville over Fairfield Nov 23
- Hall of Fame Tip Off pits Cardinals against Stags Nov 23
- No. 9 Syracuse survives scare from St. Francis Nov 18
- Terriers take on Orange in Maui Invitational regional action Nov 18
- Loyola-Maryland captures first MAAC title since '94 Mar 6
- Stags and Greyhounds meet for MAAC Tournament title Mar 5