Lowery leads Dayton to 74-60 win over Boston U.Dec 30, 2009 - 2:59 AM DAYTON, Ohio(AP) -- Rob Lowery scored a career-high 23 points and Chris Wright added 19 as Dayton defeated Boston University 74-60 on Tuesday night in the first meeting between the schools.
The Flyers (10-2) won their eighth straight game and 500th in the 40-year history of the University of Dayton Arena. Dayton has the third-best home winning streak in the nation at 27 games.
In snapping the Terriers' three-game winning streak, the Flyers held an opponent to under 40 percent shooting for the fifth straight game. Boston (5-7) shot 38.9 percent (21-for-54) from the floor and 10-for-30 from 3-point range.
Dayton shot 52.9 percent (27-for-51) and 9-for-23 from long range, with London Warren dishing out nine assists.
The Terriers, who trailed by as many as 15, drew within 54-50 with 14:30 left, but the Flyers responded with an 11-2 run.
Corey Lowe led the Terriers with 17 points.
- University of Dayton center Steve McElvene dies May 12
- Dayton gives coach Archie Miller an extra year on contract Mar 23
- Boeheim has Orange back in NCAA Tournament opposite Dayton Mar 17
- Dayton extends Archie Miller's contract through 2021-22 Mar 26
- Oklahoma advances to Sweet 16 with win over Dayton Mar 22
- Flyers and Sooners mix it up in third-round action Mar 22
- Pierre leads Dayton past Providence Mar 21
- Dayton and Providence meet in second round of NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Graham leads VCU past Dayton for A-10 crown Mar 15
- VCU seeks redemption in A-10 title game Mar 15