Mitchell, Saint Louis down Eastern Illinois 60-42Dec 30, 2009 - 4:46 AM ST. LOUIS(AP) -- Kwamain Mitchell had game highs of 19 points and seven assists to lead Saint Louis to a 60-42 victory over Eastern Illinois on Tuesday night.
Willie Reed added 13 points for the Billikens (9-4), who blasted out to a 13-0 lead and held the Panthers (7-5) scoreless for the first 9 minutes 11 seconds.
But then Eastern Illinois put up a 16-4 run to trail only 17-16 with 3:17 left in the first half.
However, Saint Louis mounted a 10-2 spurt to lead 27-18 at intermission and never trailed thereafter, building the edge to as many as 20 points.
Mitchell, who tied a career high with five 3-pointers, scored 17 of his points in the second half.
Tyler Laser and Shaun Pratl finished with 11 points apiece to pace Eastern Illinois.
The Billikens sank 23 of 57 (40.4 percent) to 17 of 57 (29.8 percent) for the Panthers.
- Graham leads VCU's rout of Saint Louis Feb 18
- Saint Louis comes calling on No. 25 VCU Feb 17
- No. 16 VCU holds off Saint Louis with last-second shot Jan 23
- Billikens battle 16th-ranked Rams in A-10 action Jan 23
- Wichita State routs Saint Louis Dec 7
- Eighth-ranked Shockers set sights on Billikens Dec 6
- Groselle, Creighton down Eastern Illinois Nov 26
- Panthers visit Bluejays in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 25
- Louisville reaches Sweet 16 with win over Saint Louis Mar 22
- Cardinals battle Billikens in Midwest Regional Mar 22
- Saint Louis battles back, downs NC State in overtime Mar 21
- Wolfpack battle Billikens in Midwest showdown Mar 20