Missouri State defeats Evansville 74-60Dec 30, 2009 - 4:45 AM EVANSVILLE, Ind.(AP) -- Jermaine Mallett scored 17 points to lead Missouri State to a 74-60 victory over Evansville Tuesday night in the Missouri Valley Conference opener for both teams.
The Bears (11-1) broke open a close game when they went on a 23-6 run in the second half, with Kyle Weems' basket with 4:38 to play capping the run and giving Missouri State a 69-49 lead.
Missouri State made 11 3-pointers in the game, a season high, led by Adam Leonard with three. Weems had 14 points and nine rebounds, and Caleb Patterson 12 points for the Bears, who shot 56 percent overall from outside.
Denver Holmes led Evansville (6-5) with 15 points and James Haarsma had 10 points and eight rebounds.
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- Northern Iowa handles Evansville Feb 25
- Purple Aces hope to play spoiler in clash with Panthers Feb 25
- Wichita State shuts down Evansville Feb 22
- Evansville comes calling on No. 13 Wichita State Feb 22
- Tuttle, UNI cruise past Missouri State Feb 15
- Bears face uphill climb in bout with 13th-ranked Panthers Feb 15
- VanVleet posts triple-double; Shockers slam Bears Feb 7
- Shockers play host to Bears in MVC action Feb 7
- No. 14 Wichita State blows past Missouri State Jan 21
- Bears face uphill climb in clash with Shockers Jan 21