Oklahoma State defeats Pacific, 66-50Dec 30, 2009 - 3:25 AM STILLWATER, Okla.(AP) -- James Anderson scored 25 points and Obi Muonelo added 22 as Oklahoma State beat Pacific 66-50 on Tuesday night.
Oklahoma State (11-1) saw a 24-point halftime lead trimmed to seven with 10 minutes left in the game. Anderson's long range three pushed the lead back to 11 two minutes later and Marshall Moses' dunk at the 4:20 mark made it 59-45.
Anderson, the Big 12 Conference's leading scorer at 21.8 points per game, scored in double figures for the 26th consecutive game. He also had six rebounds.
Pacific (7-5), losers of three straight, got 15 points and 11 rebounds from Sam Willard. Joe Ford had nine points and nine rebounds and Michael Nunnally had 10 points.
The Tigers scored just 16 first half points. For the game they hit 17 of 45 field goals (37.8 percent) and 12 of 22 (54.5 percent) from the free-throw line.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
PACIFIC 16 34 50
OKLAHOMA STATE 40 26 66 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: PACIFIC - SAM WILLARD 15, MICHAEL NUNNALLY 10,
JOE FORD 9
OKLAHOMA STATE - JAMES ANDERSON 25, OBI MUONELO 22,
RAY PENN 8
Dec 29 10:03 PM
- NCAA BB
OKLAHOMA ST 40 HALFTIME
Dec 29 8:54 PM
- Oklahoma Stare adds Gentry to basketball coaching staff May 11
- Oklahoma State introduces new coach Underwood Mar 23
- Oklahoma St. hires SFA's Brad Underwood as men's hoops coach Mar 22
- Oklahoma State to 'part ways' with basketball coach Ford Mar 18
- Pacific hires Damon Stoudamire as new basketball coach Mar 16
- Suspended Pacific coach Ron Verlin leaves school Mar 3
- Oklahoma State coach Ford ejected from son's game Dec 11
- Oklahoma State G Forte out with arm injury vs George Mason Nov 20
- Oklahoma State at a glance Oct 28
- Oklahoma State G Evans has star potential Oct 28
- Young advances Oregon past Oklahoma State Mar 20
- Pokes and Ducks duke it out in NCAA Tournament action Mar 20