Texas-San Antonio 47, Utah 69Dec 30, 2009 - 4:17 AM SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Luka Drca scored a career-high 19 points to lead Utah over UTSA 69-47 Tuesday night.
Drca made 8 of 11 from the field and hit three 3-pointers. Carlon Brown scored 10 points and Kim Tillie added nine points for the Utes, who connected on a season-best 57 percent from the field. The Utes' (6-7) snapped a three-game losing skid.
Carlon Brown scored 10 points and Kim Tillie added nine points for the Utes, who connected on a season-best 57 percent from the field.
Devin Gibson led UTSA (8-3) with 15 points. The Roadrunners suffered an 11-minute period in the second half without a field goal. Omar Johnson, who had 12 points, finally ended the drought with 3:36 remaining and the Roadrunners trailed 63-40.
Utah outscored UTSA in the paint by a 42-16 margin and recorded 10 blocks against the much smaller Roadrunners. David Foster, who is fourth in the nation in blocked shots, had six rejections.
- Utah center Jakob Poeltl declares for NBA draft Apr 13
- Oklahoma assistant Steve Henson hired as UTSA head coach Apr 1
- Gonzaga's Sabonis gets best of Utah's Poeltl Mar 20
- Air up there: Zags, Utah features rare meeting of big men Mar 18
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Texas-San Antonio fires basketball coach Brooks Thompson Mar 10
- Seniors Taylor, Loveridge have No. 13 Utah rolling to finish Mar 3
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Athletic big man Jakob Poeltl shines in post for Utah Feb 16
- Utah coach Krystkowiak says time to put 'big boy pants' on Feb 9
- Elmore scores 23 with 7 treys as Marshall beats UTSA 109-91 Feb 6
- Utah coach says 'toxic' atmosphere halted BYU series Jan 11