Georgia defeats Pepperdine 64-47Dec 31, 2009 - 2:12 AM ATHENS, Ga.(AP) -- Travis Leslie scored 14 points and Georgia defeated Pepperdine 64-47 on Wednesday night.
The Bulldogs (7-4) trailed 6-5 early, but led the rest of the game.
Trey Thompkins scored 12 points and grabbed 13 rebounds for Georgia, and Ricky McPhee added 10 points.
Georgia outrebounded the Waves 43-28 and held Pepperdine to 35 percent shooting (18 of 51).
The Waves pulled within 24-19 on Dane Suttle's 3 with 4:58 left in the first half. But the Bulldogs closed out the half with a 9-2 run to take a 33-21 halftime lead.
Georgia used a 10-4 run early in the second half to take 43-25 lead with 16:11 to play.
Ebuka Anyaorah gave the Bulldogs their biggest lead of the game, 58-35, on a free throw with 7:07 remaining.
Jonathan Dupre scored 14 points off the bench for the Waves (4-11), who lost for the eighth time in nine games.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
PEPPERDINE 21 26 47
GEORGIA 33 31 64 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: PEPPERDINE - JONATHAN DUPRE' 12, DANE SUTTLE JR. 8,
MYCHEL THOMPSON 8
GEORGIA - TRAVIS LESLIE 14, TREY THOMPKINS 12,
RICKY MCPHEE 10
Dec 30 8:43 PM
- NCAA BB
GEORGIA 33 HALFTIME
Dec 30 7:44 PM
- Georgia's Juwan Parker granted medical redshirt May 23
- Georgia signs forward Diatta as transfer from Southern Idaho Apr 20
- McGarity believes Georgia program still growing with Fox Mar 30
- J.J. Frazier keeps believing, keeps shooting for Georgia Mar 4
- Georgia bracing for road trips to LSU and No. 17 Baylor Jan 25
- Georgia looking for turnaround following ugly loss to Aggies Jan 19
- Georgia defeats Robert Morris 79-67 Dec 29
- Georgia Preview Capsule Oct 29
- Georgia's Fox pushing for consistency after reaching NCAAs Oct 29
- Mann, Gaines looking to push Georgia to new heights Oct 23
- Pepperdine extends Wilson Jun 5
- Michigan State holds off Georgia Mar 20