Princeton knocks off Wagner 45-42Dec 31, 2009 - 2:24 AM PRINCETON, N.J.(AP) -- Dan Mavraides scored 21 points and Kareem Maddox converted a three-point play with 5 seconds left to lead Princeton to a 45-42 victory over Wagner on Wednesday night.
Wagner held a 42-39 lead with 1:56 left, but Mavraides buried a 3-pointer to tie the score with 47 seconds left, setting up Maddox's game-winning play. He took a pass from Douglas Davis, dunked and was fouled by Tyler Murray.
Maddox hit a free throw to complete the three-point play and Marcus Schroeder had a steal, his seventh of the game, to seal the victory.
It was Maddox's only basket of the game.
Princeton (6-4), which has won three consecutive games, shot 34 percent from the field (17-for-50) and 18.5 percent from the 3-point line (5-for-27).
Michael Orock led Wagner (2-12), which has lost three straight, with 19 points. Murray added 10 points and Josh Thompson had nine rebounds.
- NCAA BB
PRINCETON 45 FINAL
Dec 30 8:52 PM
- NCAA BB
PRINCETON 22 HALFTIME
Dec 30 7:44 PM
- Top-seeded Wagner tops Robert Morris 59-50 in NEC tourney Mar 2
- Wagner beats Robert Morris 62-54 behind Carey Feb 27
- Wagner edges Robert Morris 72-69 Jan 4
- Princeton forward Hans Brase to miss basketball season Nov 15
- Southerland, Syracuse roll over Princeton Nov 21
- No. 6 Orange set to pounce on Tigers Nov 21
- No. 8 Syracuse downs Wagner in home opener Nov 18
- Wagner takes on No. 8 Syracuse Nov 18
- Bashir Mason takes over Wagner hoops Mar 26
- Hurley leaving Wagner for Rhode Island Mar 20
- Report: Hurley leaving Wagner for Rhode Island Mar 20
- Princeton continues home dominance of Harvard Feb 12