Parsons paces Florida's 79-38 rout of PresbyterianDec 31, 2009 - 2:14 AM GAINESVILLE, Fla.(AP) -- Chandler Parsons scored 21 points and Alex Tyus and Erik Murphy each had double-doubles as Florida dominated Presbyterian 79-38 on Wednesday night.
The Gators (10-3) scored 13 of the game's first 14 points and led the Blue Hose (2-12) by more than 30 for most of the second half.
Parsons' all-around game as Florida's sixth man included two 3-pointers and three dunks.
Tyus' 16 points and 13 rebounds marked his first double-double since the season opener. Murphy, who had been battling a shoulder injury, set career highs with 16 points and 11 boards off the bench.
The Gators outrebounded the Blue Hose 51-29 and had a 46-12 edge in points in the paint.
Florida guard Ray Shipman (knee) missed his second straight game, and center Kenny Kadji (back) sat out for the fifth time in six games.
Jake Troyli led Presbyterian with 14 points.
- Virginia Tech guard Jalen Hudson transfers to Florida May 16
- Florida guard Francis-Ramirez transferring after 2 seasons May 4
- Florida's Devin Robinson out 4-6 months after foot surgery Apr 21
- Florida guard Walker plans to transfer after graduation Mar 28
- Florida's Egbunu to have season-ending thumb surgery Mar 15
- Florida's Egbunu uncertain to play against UNF in NIT Mar 14
- Florida C Egbunu tears thumb ligament before SEC Tournament Mar 9
- Florida trying to rebuild NCAA resume at SEC Tournament Mar 7
- February freefall leaves Florida in need of Kentucky win Feb 29
- With road stretch looming, Florida needs to win at home Feb 8
- Florida likely without starter Justin Leon vs No. 9 WVU Jan 29
- Florida takes pressure off Finney-Smith to be more vocal Jan 18