New Hampshire beats Colgate 63-55Dec 31, 2009 - 3:38 AM DURHAM, N.H.(AP) -- Alvin Abreu had 24 points and eight rebounds as New Hampshire defeated Colgate 63-55 on Wednesday night.
Abreu made 7 of 13 field goals, 10 of 12 free throws and was one of three Wildcats (5-5) to grab at least eight rebounds. New Hampshire outrebounded Colgate 44-27.
Ben Jonson led Colgate (1-10) with 14 points and Kyle Roemer had 13. The Raiders were trying to win back to back games for the first time this season after opening the campaign on a nine-game losing skid. They are off to the worst start since the 1988-1989 season.
Nick Pascale's three-point play with 14:06 left in the first half started a 9-0 Colgate run that gave the Raiders a three-point lead. Colgate went up 12-11 before the Wildcats put together a 17-6 run to finish the half 27-18. New Hampshire stayed in front the rest of the way.
- New Hampshire rolls over Worcester State 100-66 Dec 8
- Ohio State pulls away from Colgate Dec 7
- Buckeyes seek redemption in bout with visiting Raiders Dec 6
- Marquette holds off New Hampshire Nov 22
- Golden Eagles seek redemption in clash with visiting Wildcats Nov 21
- No. 9 Orange cruise past Colgate Nov 16
- Raiders seek upset of ninth-ranked Orange Nov 16
- Syracuse crushes Colgate again Nov 25
- Colgate seeks first win over Syracuse in half a century Nov 25
- Syracuse wins in midst of Fine allegations Nov 19
- Colgate comes calling on No. 5 Syracuse Nov 19
- Brust leads Wisconsin in rout of Colgate Nov 16