Robert Morris overcomes Youngstown State 72-67Dec 31, 2009 - 3:45 AM YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio(AP) -- Karon Abraham scored 20 points, including a tiebreaking jumper with 33 seconds left, as Robert Morris defeated Youngstown State 72-67 on Wednesday night after losing a 15-point second-half lead.
Abraham's basket gave the Colonials (5-7) a 69-67 lead, and he added a pair of free throws with 6 seconds left for the game's final points after Gary Wallace's free throw made it 70-67.
Kelvin Bright, who led the Penguins (5-7) with 14 points, scored six during a 26-7 second-half run when Youngstown State turned a 54-39 deficit into a 65-61 lead.
A dunk by Dallas Green and a layup by Mezie Nwigwe pulled Robert Morris back into a 65-65 tie.
Russell Martin had 12 points and 11 rebounds and Green had 10 points and 10 rebounds for the Colonials, who outrebounded the Penguins 44-30.
Sirlester Martin scored 12 points and Ashen Ward 11 for Youngstown State.
- Youngstown State beats Robert Morris 65-58 Dec 2
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Toole gets extension at Robert Morris Apr 15
- Duke crushes Robert Morris in NCAA opener Mar 21
- Colonials and Blue Devils mix it up in NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- No. 6 Tar Heels beat Robert Morris 103-59 Nov 17
- Colonials tangle with sixth-ranked Tar Heels Nov 16
- Mount St. Mary's and Robert Morris meet in NEC title tilt Mar 11