Dunn's 19 points lead Baylor past Arkansas 70-47Dec 31, 2009 - 4:33 AM NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark.(AP) -- LaceDarius Dunn scored 19 points to lead Baylor to a 70-47 victory over Arkansas Wednesday night.
While Dunn did the work outside, it was the Bears' inside game that dominated the Razorbacks (7-6) and limited them to 31 percent shooting. Baylor (10-1) blocked 12 shots, led by Ekpe Udoh's eight, and had a 42-36 rebounding advantage. The Bears also outscored Arkansas 34-16 in the paint.
Arkansas was led by Marshawn Powell with 14 points and Rotnei Clarke with 13, all in the first half.
For Baylor, Quincy Acy had 14 points and Tweety Carter added nine. Udoh also scored eight and had 15 rebounds.
Baylor had the upper hand most of the first half. The Bears led by as many as eight on three occasions. The Hogs' only lead was 22-21, and that lasted just 24 seconds.
After leading 34-31 at halftime, Baylor scored the first nine of the second half.
- Kingsley withdraws name from NBA draft, returns to Arkansas May 9
- Arkansas' Kingsley enters NBA draft, won't hire agent Apr 12
- Whitt transferring from Arkansas after freshman season Mar 30
- Anderson has NCAA tourney in sights next season for Arkansas Mar 22
- King's heart: Baylor freshman playing with defibrillator Mar 15
- Arkansas reeling, postseason unlikely, following latest loss Feb 19
- Arkansas' Hannahs ready to face former school, Texas Tech Jan 30
- Arkansas' Bell flourishing in expanded role for Razorbacks Jan 9
- Beard set to make return to action for Arkansas after arrest Dec 17
- Arkansas' Beard avoids trial, to return next month Nov 16
- Arkansas at a glance Oct 29
- Expectations low for Arkansas following 27-win season Oct 29