Akron loses big lead, rallies for 85-76 victoryDec 31, 2009 - 4:54 AM LARAMIE, Wyo.(AP) -- Brett McKnight and Anthony Hitchens both scored 16 points as Akron blew a 12-point first-half lead, only to rally in the final minutes to beat Wyoming 85-76 on Wednesday night.
The Zips (10-3) led the entire first half, before the Cowboys closed the gap to 42-37 at halftime. Wyoming (6-7) then scored the first seven points of the second half, all by A.J. Davis, and the two teams traded the lead seven times the rest of the way.
Afam Muojeke led Wyoming with 19 points and Davis added 18.
Wyoming opened up a seven-point lead in the second half, but Akron quickly regained the momentum. With the game tied 69-all, McKnight scored two straight baskets, and Steve McNees hit a wide-open 3-pointer after grabbing a long rebound to put the Zips back up by seven. Akron never relinquished the lead and outscored Wyoming 16-7 in the final four minutes.
- NCAA BB
WYOMING 76 FINAL
Dec 30 11:23 PM
- NCAA BB
WYOMING 37 HALFTIME
Dec 30 10:01 PM
- Shyatt steps down as Wyoming coach; Edwards is new coach Mar 21
- UNI holds off Wyoming Mar 20
- East Regional action pits Wyoming against Northern Iowa Mar 20
- Wyoming tops San Diego State for MWC title Mar 15
- Cowboys and Aztecs battle for MWC crown Mar 14
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17
- San Diego State tops No. 25 Wyoming Jan 15
- Aztecs challenge Cowboys in Mountain West showdown Jan 14
- Wyoming ends SDSU's 20-game win streak Feb 12