St. Peter's 53, Siena 64Dec 31, 2009 - 11:56 PM ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) -- Edwin Ubiles had 21 points and 11 rebounds and Siena used a second-half spurt to pull away from Saint Peter's 64-53 on Thursday.
The Saints (9-4, 3-0 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) won their 27th straight home game for the longest homecourt winning streak in program history, surpassing the 26 straight games from 1986-89. They also notched their 200th MAAC victory since joining the league in 1989-90.
The game was tied 11 times with 13 lead changes. Siena took a 27-25 lead into halftime despite shooting 21.4 percent from the field (6-for-28).
With the score tied at 42 with 9:15 left, the Saints used a 7-0 run, including 3-pointers by Ubiles and Clarence Jackson, to build a cushion.
Ryan Rossiter added 14 points and 10 rebounds for Siena, which has won three games in a row.
Ryan Bacon and Darius Conley scored 14 points each for the Peacocks (6-7, 1-2).
- Siena's Ogunyemi won't have to sit out after transfers Oct 30
- Siena extends Patsos' contract Jun 18
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31
- Memphis rolls to win over Siena Nov 29
- Siena faces tall task in clash with No. 21 Memphis Nov 28
- Siena hires Patsos as new head coach Apr 3
- Siena fires coach Buonaguro Mar 12
- Saint Peter's extends Dunne through 2015-16 Jun 22