Cornell rolls past Penn State Behrend 73-49Dec 31, 2009 - 9:42 PM ITHACA, N.Y.(AP) -- Jeff Foote scored 22 points to lead Cornell to a 73-49 victory over Penn State Behrend on Thursday.
Foote was 10-for-12 from the floor and added seven rebounds, two assists and two blocked shots in 16 minutes as 10 players scored and 16 saw action for the Big Red (11-2), who extended their winning streak to nine games.
Max Groebe added 15 points and Ryan Wittman scored 10 for Cornell, which matched its best start through 13 games.
The Big Red shot 56.3 percent from the floor, was 11-for-24 from 3-point range (46 percent) and outrebounded the Division III Lions 36-27.
Cornell led 40-26 at halftime and extended the margin to 51-31 on Foote's dunk with 15:46 to play in the game. The Big Red built the lead to 68-38 on Andre Wilkins' jumper with 5:12 remaining.
Chris Wroblewski had eight assists for Cornell.
Adam Kaiser led the Lions (5-3) with nine points.
- Brian Earl hired as Cornell men's basketball coach Apr 18
- Stifling D lifts Cornell over Penn State-Harrisburg, 76-47 Nov 23
- Louisville wins again, chews up Cornell Nov 16
- No. 3 Louisville sets sights on Cornell Nov 15
- Syracuse starts year off right by rallying past Cornell Nov 8
- Eighth-ranked Orange open with Big Red Nov 8
- Harvard wins Ivy League Mar 9
- Duke uses giant run to pound Cornell Dec 19
- Top-ranked Duke plays host to Cornell Dec 19
- Brust, Badgers crush Cornell Nov 19
- Cornell visits No. 22 Wisconsin Nov 18
- No. 25 Illinois edges Cornell Dec 19