Young scores 29 in IUPUI's 79-69 win over IPFWDec 31, 2009 - 10:29 PM FORT WAYNE, Ind.(AP) -- Alex Young scored 29 points and grabbed six rebounds to lead Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis to a 79-69 win over Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne on Thursday.
The Jaguars (10-5, 3-0 Summit League) began the second half ahead 46-40. But the Mastodons (5-7, 0-2) climbed on top midway through the final period on a 3-pointer by Zach Plackemeier, who led IPFW with 16 points.
But Young followed by chalking up 10 points as part of a late 18-0 run by the Jaguars that put them ahead for good.
IUPUI's Leroy Nobles added 17 points, including shooting 5-of-8 from the floor, while Billy Pettiford scored 15.
Ben Botts added 15 points for the Mastodons and Deilvez Yearby had 13.
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- NDSU downs IPFW for Summit League crown Mar 12
- Mastodons challenge Bison in Summit League title game Mar 11
- Notre Dame handles IUPU-Fort Wayne Dec 17
- Mastodons face uphill climb in clash with Fighting Irish Dec 17
- No. 5 Michigan stomps IUPUI Nov 13
- Wolverines take on Jaguars in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 12
- No. 5 Louisville has easy time with IUPUI Dec 8
- Jags and Cards mix it up in Louisville Dec 7
- No. 13 Xavier pounds IPFW Nov 15