Colorado State defeats Yale 93-71Dec 31, 2009 - 11:11 PM FORT COLLINS, Colo.(AP) -- Travis Franklin scored 17 points and Pierce Hornung added a career-high 15 points as Colorado State snapped a two-game losing streak with a 93-71 victory over Yale on Thursday.
Four players reached double figures for Colorado State (9-5). Adam Nigon had 12 and Andy Ogide 10 for the Rams, who avoided their first three-game losing streak of the season.
The 93 points was a season high for Colorado State in its tuneup for conference play. The Rams open at Wyoming on Jan. 6.
Alex Zampier led Yale (4-9) with 25 points. Zampier, four points off his career high, was almost all of the Bulldogs' offense. No one else scored more than eight in the team's third straight loss.
- Defending champ Duke, upstart Yale ready for 2nd round clash Mar 18
- From controversy to NCAA upset artist, Yale eyeing more Mar 18
- Yale blocks out captain's dismissal heading to NCAA tourney Mar 16
- Former Yale captain says he'll sue school over expulsion Mar 14
- Yale, without captain, celebrates first bid in 54 years Mar 13
- Yale team navigates campus anger amid NCAA Tournament bid Mar 10
- Yale captain Montague won't return to Ivy league leaders Feb 24
- Colorado St. extends Eustachy, contract runs through 2019 Dec 8
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- New Mexico knocks off unbeaten CSU Jan 4
- Rams and Lobos mix it up in Mountain West melee Jan 3
- Gillon powers No. 24 Colorado State past Boise State Dec 31