Jones' double-double leads Ball State to 69-55 winDec 31, 2009 - 11:28 PM MUNCIE, Ind.(AP) -- Jarrod Jones had 20 points and 10 rebounds Thursday as Ball State defeated Manchester College 69-55.
Malik Perry added 11 points for the Cardinals (6-5), who shot 53 percent (28 of 53) from the field en route to their third straight victory.
Manchester (7-5), a Division III school, stayed close early in the game and was within 24-22 with 6:49 remaining in the first half before Ball State went on an 18-7 run to close out the half.
Ball State scored the first seven points of the second half to build a 49-29 lead and led by at least nine points the rest of the way.
Tyler Delauder had 14 points off the bench to lead Manchester, and Mitch Schaefer added 10.
Ball State did most of its damage inside, outscoring the Spartans 38-16 in the paint.
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- No. 19 San Diego State cruises past Ball State Dec 21
- Cardinals pay visit to 19th-ranked Aztecs Dec 20
- No. 25 Utah takes care of Ball State Nov 15
- No. 25 Utah opens season against Ball State Nov 14
- Ball State names Whitford hoops coach Apr 6
- Ball State fires hoops coach Mar 14
- No. 1 Indiana dominates Ball State Nov 25
- Ball State comes calling on No. 1 Indiana Nov 25
- Arizona uses strong second half to beat Ball State Nov 13
- Ball State to challenge No. 16 Arizona Nov 13
- No. 16 Butler flattens Ball State Nov 20