Portland rolls past Evergreen State 101-77Jan 1, 2010 - 1:48 AM PORTLAND, Ore.(AP) -- Nik Raivio scored 27 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to lead Portland to an easy 101-77 victory over Evergreen State on Thursday.
T.J. Campbell added 16 points and Robin Smeulders contributed 14 for the Pilots (8-5). Evergreen State (11-5), an NAIA school, was led by Nathan Menefee with 27 points and eight rebounds.
Despite the disparity between the two programs, Evergreen made the game interesting for a while. Menefee and Josh Troyer hit a pair of 3-pointers early in the second half to cut a 10-point halftime deficit to a 43-41 margin.
But the Pilots answered quickly with 13 consecutive points, including six by Smeulders, to push their advantage to 56-41.
The Pilots followed with an 11-0 run, capped by a pair of 3s by Campbell, to make it 78-52. Portland punctuated the blowout with a 9-0 run, seven by Raivio, to push its lead to 95-63 with four minutes left.
- Terry Porter introduced as new Portland Pilots coach Apr 5
- Portland Pilots hire Terry Porter as basketball coach Apr 2
- Wintering sparks Portland past Abilene Christian, 87-57 Nov 23
- No. 3 Gonzaga routs Portland Jan 30
- Pilots hope to fly past third-ranked Bulldogs Jan 29
- Gonzaga fends off Portland Jan 3
- Portland hosts No. 7 Gonzaga in WCC showdown Jan 3
- Gonzaga downs Portland Feb 6
- Bulldogs seek redemption against pesky Pilots Feb 5
- Portland takes rare win against Gonzaga Jan 10
- Portland entertains No. 22 Gonzaga Jan 9
- No. 1 Michigan State fends off Portland Nov 18