Tveidt, North Dakota State beat Centenary 82-70Jan 1, 2010 - 3:19 AM FARGO, N.D.(AP) -- Michael Tveidt scored a career-high 29 points to pace North Dakota State to an 82-70 victory over Centenary on Thursday night.
Tveidt sank 13 of his 21 shots, including 3 of 5 3-pointers, to lead the Bison (5-7, 2-1 Summit League).
Austin Pennick added a career-best 12 points and Josh Vaughan and Eric Carlson 11 apiece for North Dakota State, which shot 48.5 percent.
Three players - Roman Tubner, Daman Starring and Maxx Nakwaasah - scored 14 points for the Gents (5-8, 1-2). Jerrald Bonham had 13 points and a team-high seven rebounds.
North Dakota State held a 38-31 rebounding edge and forced 14 turnovers while committing only eight.
Tveidt had 10 points during an 18-0 run midway through the second half as North Dakota State put the game out of reach. Centenary went scoreless for more than 7 minutes and trailed 72-49 before Starring's layup ended the drought.
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- Dupree returns to North Dakota St 2 weeks after leaving Jan 25
- North Dakota State guard leaves team in dispute over role Jan 12
- North Dakota State beats NAIA Valley City State 69-49 Nov 18
- Gonzaga holds off North Dakota State Mar 21
- Bison and Bulldogs get together in South Regional fracas Mar 20
- Bison edge Jackrabbits in Summit final thriller Mar 10
- Bison battle Jackrabbits in Summit League finale Mar 10
- No. 10 Texas crushes North Dakota State Nov 15
- Longhorns kick off season of hope against visiting Bison Nov 14