Cal State Bakersfield defeats Cal Poly 70-63Jan 1, 2010 - 4:24 AM BAKERSFIELD, Calif.(AP) -- Stephon Carter scored 22 points, including making 14 tries from the line, to lead Cal State Bakersfield over Cal Poly 70-63 on Thursday night.
Santwon Latunde added 13 points for the Roadrunners (2-10), while Trent Blakley scored 12 points and Donald Johnson pulled down 11 rebounds.
The Roadrunners went into halftime up 29-22, a lead the Mustangs (3-8) were not able to overcome despite scoring 41 points in the second period.
Will Taylor picked up a double-double, scoring 10 points and pulling down 12 rebounds for the Mustangs.
Starters Lorenzo Keeler and Jordan Lewis also finished with double-digit days, scoring 17 and 10 points respectively.
- NCAA BB
CAL POLY 63
CS BAKERSFIELD 70 FINAL
Dec 31 9:59 PM
- NCAA BB
CAL POLY 22
CS BAKERSFIELD 29 HALFTIME
Dec 31 8:47 PM
- No. 8 Gonzaga tops Cal Poly Dec 21
- Bulldogs take on Mustangs in Battle in Seattle Dec 20
- No. 16 SDSU beats Bakersfield 51-27 Nov 21
- 16th-ranked Aztecs take on Roadrunners Nov 20
- Shockers crush Cal Poly, move to 35-0 Mar 22
- Shockers tip off tourney run against Mustangs Mar 21
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Mustangs and Tigers duke it out for spot in field of 64 Mar 19
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16
- Big West championship game pits Mustangs against Matadors Mar 15
- Oregon routs Cal Poly Dec 2
- Cal Poly seeks upset of No. 14 Oregon Dec 1