Indiana State defeats Creighton 70-64 behind ReedJan 1, 2010 - 9:49 PM TERRE HAUTE, Ind.(AP) -- Rashad Reed scored 18 points Friday to lead Indiana State to a 70-64 Missouri Valley Conference victory over Creighton.
Dwayne Lathan added 13 points and Harry Marshall 10 for the Sycamores (9-4, 1-1).
The Bluejays (5-8, 0-2) were led by P'Allen Stinnett's 19 points and the second career double-double by Kenny Lawson Jr., who had 13 points and 14 rebounds.
Indiana State shot only 37.7 percent but made 25 of 34 free throws.
The Sycamores led 34-27 at intermission and were up 41-35 before Creighton rallied to tie at 41 on Stinnett's 3-pointer and Andrew Bock's three-point play.
But two free throws by Lathan sandwiched a 3-pointer by Jordan Printy to give Indiana State a 46-41 edge. Marshall's 3-pointer extended that to 55-45 with 10:48 left. Creighton got no closer than four the rest of the way.
Creighton, which outrebounded Indiana State 38-36, is winless in seven road games.
- Creighton's Maurice Watson Jr. says he's returning to school May 6
- Starter in 2014-15, Orange's Kaleb Joseph heads to Creighton Apr 18
- Creighton's Maurice Watson continues to prove doubters wrong Feb 10
- Indiana State athletic director resigns after 11-year tenure Dec 19
- Creighton hoping transfers Watson, Huff can spark turnaround Oct 21
- Georgetown fends off Creighton in Big East quarters Mar 13
- Big East tourney action pits Bluejays against Hoyas Mar 12
- Arcidiacono, Villanova tops Creighton Mar 3
- Creighton seeks upset of No. 4 Villanova Mar 3
- No. 11 Wichita State downs Indiana State Feb 25
- Sycamores play host to 11th-ranked Shockers Feb 25
- Butler slips past Creighton Feb 17