Pearson leads George Mason past Old Dominion 71-55Jan 2, 2010 - 8:14 PM FAIRFAX, Va.(AP) -- Ryan Pearson had 17 points and George Mason capitalized on an early second-half run in a 71-55 win over Old Dominion on Saturday.
Pearson added eight rebounds for the Patriots (7-6, 2-0 Colonial Athletic Association), who were coming off an 80-53 loss at Radford on Wednesday, their worst loss in six years.
The loss snapped a three-game winning streak for the Monarchs (9-5, 1-1).
George Mason, which held a 31-28 halftime lead, found itself trailing 41-40 after a jumper by Old Dominion's Frank Hassell five minutes into the second half. The Patriots, however, would then go on a 15-2 run behind Pearson and Mike Morrison (15 points) to take a double-digit lead that they would not relinquish.
George Mason shot 57 percent from the field in the second half and scored 20 of their 40 second-half points in the paint.
Gerald Lee paced Old Dominion with 17 points.
- Scoring spree: ODU guard Trey Freeman putting up big numbers Feb 17
- George Mason senior Patrick Holloway suspended for 6 games Nov 10
- George Mason hires Bucknell's Paulsen as coach Mar 30
- George Mason dismisses Paul Hewitt Mar 16
- Short-handed VCU handles George Mason Feb 5
- George Mason entertains No. 18 Virginia Commonwealth Feb 4
- Western Kentucky knocks off No. 25 ODU Jan 10
- Western Kentucky hosts No. 25 Old Dominion Jan 10
- Newly ranked ODU rolls past Marshall Jan 8
- No. 25 Old Dominion takes aim at Marshall Jan 8
- Oklahoma downs George Mason Dec 31
- 18th-ranked Sooners play host to Patriots Dec 31