Hollis scores 18, GW beats Howard 81-63Jan 2, 2010 - 10:14 PM WASHINGTON(AP) -- Damian Hollis scored 13 of his 18 points in the second half and George Washington went on a 16-6 run after halftime to pull away for an 81-63 win over Howard on Saturday.
On the heels of a 3-1 road trip, the Colonials (10-3) matched their entire win total from the 2008-09 season with the victory in their final nonconference game of the season. Leading 36-32 at halftime, they opened the second half hitting 6-of-7 shots for a 52-38 lead and shot 65.2 percent (15-for-23).
Hollis went 8-for-9 from the foul line where George Washington finished with a 27-7 edge overall. Tony Taylor scored 13 points in the first meeting between the two schools since the 2000-01 season.
Dadrian Collins scored 17 points for the Bison (1-13), who made 12 of 24 3-pointers, but dropped their fifth straight game. Kandi Mukole scored 14 points and Curtis White added 12 points.
- Cavanaugh scores 18; No. 21 GW beats St Peter's 87 Dec 19
- VCU gets back on track at George Washington Feb 15
- Colonials tangle with 20th-ranked Rams Feb 14
- VCU keeps rolling with rout of George Washington Jan 27
- Colonials come calling on 14th-ranked Rams Jan 27
- GW upends No. 11 Wichita State Dec 25
- Shockers clash with Colonials for Diamond Head Classic crown Dec 25
- No. 9 UVA cruises past GW Nov 22
- Colonials seek upset of ninth-ranked Cavaliers Nov 21
- GW's Lonergan gets contract extension Mar 28
- Memphis fends off George Washington Mar 21
- Colonials battle Tigers in East Regional fracas Mar 21