Northeastern beats James Madison 73-61Jan 2, 2010 - 11:30 PM BOSTON(AP) -- Chaisson Allen and Matt Janning each scored 16 points to lead Northeastern to a 73-61 win over James Madison on Saturday.
Baptiste Bataille had 11 points and Nkem Ojougboh finished with 10 rebounds - six offensive - and three blocked shots for the Huskies (6-7, 1-1 Colonial Athletic Association).
Northeastern, which never trailed, scored the game's first nine points and later took a 39-19 lead - its largest - on a 3-pointer by Janning with 5 minutes left in the first half.
The Huskies, who won their fourth straight game, shot 60 percent from the floor and scored a season-high 47 points in the first half.
The Dukes (6-6, 0-2) were unable to pull any closer than 14 the rest of the way.
Julius Wells led James Madison with 18 points. Pierre Curtis scored 11 points and Trevon Flores added 10.
- James Madison hires alum Louis Rowe as men's hoops coach Mar 31
- Matt Brady out at James Madison as men's basketball coach Mar 14
- Irish survive upset bid in NCAA opener Mar 19
- Midwest Regional action pits Irish against Huskies Mar 19
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Buckeyes beat up on Dukes Nov 28
- Virginia cruises past JMU in opener Nov 15
- Instate foes collide as Cavs take on Dukes Nov 14
- Virginia takes care of James Madison Nov 9
- No. 24 Virginia opens season against James Madison Nov 8
- Ferrell fuels Hoosiers in rout of James Madison Mar 22