N.J. Tech 79, Lehigh 86Jan 3, 2010 - 4:23 AM BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP) -- Gabe Knutson scored a season-high 23 points and Lehigh beat New Jersey Institute of Technology 86-79 on Saturday night for its fourth straight win.
CJ McCollum added 18 points and seven rebounds, and Zahir Carrington added 10 for the Mountain Hawks (8-6).
Poor shooting hurt NJIT in the second half as it made only 9 of 23 field goal attempts (39.1 percent). The Highlanders made 41.1 percent for the game (23 for 56).
With NJIT leading 40-36 1 minute into the second half, the Mountain Hawks went on a 15-0 run to lead 51-40 after a pair of Knutson free throws with 13:11 to play.
NJIT cut the lead to 72-69 with 2:32 to play, but the Mountain Hawks made 11 of 12 free throws the rest of the way to preserve the win.
Jheryl Wilson led NJIT (5-9) with 27 points. Isiah Wilkerson added 22 points, Chris Flores had 14 and Sammy Schickel had 11.
- NCAA BB
LEHIGH 86 FINAL
Jan 2 9:42 PM
- NCAA BB
LEHIGH 36 HALFTIME
Jan 2 8:24 PM
- Brian Kennedy taking over as head basketball coach at NJIT Apr 13
- Robert Morris holds off Lehigh in 69-67 win Dec 17
- Lehigh has no trouble with Rochester College, wins 84-50 Dec 5
- Lynn's 27 points leads NJIT late surge past USF Nov 16
- Villanova uses second-half charge to down upset-minded NJIT Dec 24
- NJIT faces tall task in clash with No. 7 Villanova Dec 23
- NJIT stuns No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- NJIT faces uphill climb in clash with No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- Ennis and Villanova down Lehigh Nov 15
- Lehigh faces tall task in opener against No. 12 Villanova Nov 14
- Lehigh's McCollum out 8-10 weeks with broken foot Jan 6
- Jefferson, Baylor easily dispatch Lehigh Nov 9