Robert Morris holds on for 81-79 win over OhioJan 3, 2010 - 2:52 AM ATHENS, Ohio(AP) -- Karon Abraham scored 23 points and Rob Robinson added 21 to help Robert Morris defeat Ohio 81-79 on Saturday night.
Abraham scored five points in the final 2:19 as part of a 7-4 run to help Robert Morris (6-7) break a 74-74 tie.
Ohio (8-5) tied the game for the fourth time on two free throws by Kenneth Van Kempen with 2:14 to play.
The Bobcats took a 56-50 lead on a free throw by D.J. Cooper with 12:33 left. Robert Morris then answered with a 14-2 run, capped by a Dallas Green jump shot for a 64-58 lead with 7:59 to go.
Abraham was 6 of 7 from 3-point range to lead the Colonials to 60 percent from behind the arc (9 of 15).
Mezie Nwigwe added 11 points, including a free throw with 12:30 left to give Robert Morris its biggest lead, 22-6, with 12:30 left in the first half.
Jay Kinney scored 25 points and Cooper finished with 22 for Ohio.
- Toole gets extension at Robert Morris Apr 15
- Duke crushes Robert Morris in NCAA opener Mar 21
- Colonials and Blue Devils mix it up in NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- No. 6 Tar Heels beat Robert Morris 103-59 Nov 17
- Colonials tangle with sixth-ranked Tar Heels Nov 16
- Phillips leaves North Dakota State for Ohio U Apr 6
- Mount St. Mary's and Robert Morris meet in NEC title tilt Mar 11
- Forte, Cowboys crush Colonials Dec 31