SE Louisiana beats William Carey 74-68Jan 2, 2010 - 11:36 PM HAMMOND, La.(AP) -- Damon Forest scored 24 points, including hitting all four free throws in the final 10 seconds, to lead Southeastern Louisiana in a 74-68 win over William Carey on Saturday.
Two Forest free throws put the Lions (8-4) up by 10 points with 2:34 left, but William Carey wouldn't go quietly.
Brandon Cooks hit a 3-pointer and a short jumper, and Drew Meyerchick also nailed a 3, to pull the Crusaders within 70-68 with 29 seconds to play. They wouldn't score another point, as Forest sealed the game from the line.
Patrick Sullivan tallied a double-double for the Lions, scoring 22 points and adding a career-high 18 rebounds. He came in averaging 8.4 rebounds per game.
Sullivan's four blocks increased his school-record total to 209, as he has 34 this season (2.8 per game).
Meyerchick scored 17 to lead the Crusaders, an NAIA school who counted the game as an exhibition.
- NCAA BB
WILLIAM CAREY 68
SE LOUISIANA 74 FINAL
Jan 2 5:46 PM
- NCAA BB
WILLIAM CAREY 32
SE LOUISIANA 33 HALFTIME
Jan 2 4:42 PM
- No. 9 Gonzaga takes down SELA Dec 3
- Lions hope to take down ninth-ranked Bulldogs Dec 2
- No. 19 Sooners rip through SE Louisiana Nov 16
- Sooners open season against visiting Lions Nov 16
- No. 8 Florida cruises past Southeastern Louisiana Dec 19
- Gators seek redemption in clash with visiting Lions Dec 19
- Berggren, Wisconsin down Southeastern Louisiana Nov 11
- No. 23 Wisconsin hosts SE Louisiana in 2012-13 lidlifter Nov 11
- Sam Houston State moves to fianls with 88-85 win Mar 12
- Southeastern Louisiana tips Texas St. 79-78 in OT Mar 11
- SE Louisiana defeats Northwestern State 86-77 Mar 6
- Fortenberry, SE Louisiana edge McNeese State 60-59 Mar 3