Stephen F. Austin slips past Texas College 73-64Jan 3, 2010 - 2:24 AM NACOGDOCHES, Texas(AP) -- Jordan Glynn snagged a double-double, scoring 18 points and pulling down 21 rebounds, to help Stephen F. Austin defeat Texas College 73-64 on Saturday night.
The Lumberjacks (10-3) took the lead about two minutes before halftime and never gave it back, staying ahead by as many as 11 points early in the second period.
The Steers (5-5) pulled within four points on a jumper and a free throw by LaDarren Williams with 1:45 left.
But the Lumberjacks grew their lead in the final minutes, partly with the help of six free throws by Walt Harris, who finished with 14 points.
The Steers' David Hymes also picked up a double-double, scoring 14 points and grabbing 11 rebounds. Treyton Manning led the team in scoring with 20 points, while Jacobie Bias added 13.
SFA's Jereal Scott finished with 16 points.
- NCAA BB
TEXAS COLLEGE 64
SFA 73 FINAL
Jan 2 8:51 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS COLLEGE 26
SFA 31 HALFTIME
Jan 2 7:43 PM
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- Poeltl helps Utah down Stephen F. Austin Mar 20
- Utes face Lumberjacks in second round Mar 19
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- UCLA tops Stephen F. Austin for Sweet 16 berth Mar 23
- Lumberjacks face tall task in clash with Bruins Mar 23
- Stephen F. Austin stuns VCU in overtime Mar 22
- Rams butt heads with Lumberjacks in tournament action Mar 21
- Stephen F. Austin drubs Sam Houston State for Southland title Mar 16
- Bearkats battle Lumberjacks in Southland Tournament final Mar 15