Auburn defeats Georgia Southern 95-75Jan 2, 2010 - 9:35 PM AUBURN, Ala.(AP) -- Brendon Knox scored 18 points and 11 rebounds for his first career double-double and Auburn defeated Georgia Southern 95-75 on Saturday.
The Tigers (8-6) shot a season-high 54.2 percent from 3-point range (13 of 24), including a 4-for-5 effort by Frankie Sullivan who finished with 15 points.
DeWayne Reed added 16 points, Lucas Hargrove 14, Tay Waller 13 and Andre Malone 11 as Auburn reached its highest point total of the season.
The Tigers led 39-33 at halftime, before shooting 60 percent from the field (18 of 30) and holding the Eagles (3-12) to 38.2 percent shooting (13 of 34) in the second half.
The Tigers, who have three-straight wins, led by as many as 24, 77-53, on a free throw by Reed with 7:07 remaining.
Antonio Hanson scored 16 points and Colby Wohlleb chipped in 10 for Georgia Southern, which has lost all four of its meetings with Auburn.
- Auburn players Shamsid-Deen, Reed won't return next season May 6
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro Feb 12
- Auburn will be without leading scorer against Tennessee Feb 8
- Auburn top scorer Kareem Canty suspended indefinitely Feb 6
- Pearl: Auburn's Cinmeon Bowers to return against LSU Feb 1
- Auburn's Bowers brings energy, rebounds back to lineup Jan 21
- Pearl: Auburn guard Shamsid-Deen out for season Jan 15
- Auburn freshman guard Bryce Brown suspended for opener Nov 12
- Auburn Preview Capsule Oct 29
- Auburn's Pearl relying again on overhauled roster Oct 29
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15