Cal cruises to 92-66 victory over rival StanfordJan 3, 2010 - 2:14 AM By JANIE McCAULEY AP Sports Writer
BERKELEY, Calif.(AP) -- Jerome Randle had 24 points and seven assists, and Pac-10 favorite California cruised to a 92-66 victory over rival Stanford on Saturday in the conference opener for both teams.
Max Zhang had a career-high 13 points to go with four rebounds and three blocked shots. Theo Robertson added 10 points, six rebounds and four assists as Cal (9-4, 1-0 Pac-10) improved to 8-0 at Haas Pavilion.
Jeremy Green scored 23 points and Landry Fields had 20 points and 10 rebounds for Stanford (6-7, 0-1), which had won 10 of the previous 12 in the series.
This was Cal's biggest win in the Bay Area rivalry since an 81-53 win on Feb. 15, 1986 - the year before now-Cal coach Mike Montgomery took over at Stanford.
- Cal's Ivan Rabb bypasses draft to stay for sophomore season Apr 25
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Stanford's Rosco Allen declares for NBA draft Apr 1
- Stanford coach Jerod Haase once thought he'd play for school Mar 28
- Stanford hires Jerod Haase as new men's basketball coach Mar 25
- Cal's tumultuous week ended by No. 13 seed Hawaii 77-66 Mar 18
- Cal point guard Tyrone Wallace breaks hand in practice Mar 18
- Cal coach Cuonzo Martin declines to discuss school review Mar 17
- California tries to set aside distractions facing Hawaii Mar 17
- Cal to face familiar friend in Hawaii assistant Montgomery Mar 17
- Stanford fires coach Johnny Dawkins after 8 seasons Mar 14
- No. 24 California enters Pac-12 tournament on a roll Mar 7