Missouri beats Georgia 89-61Jan 2, 2010 - 11:36 PM COLUMBIA, Mo.(AP) -- Laurence Bowers scored a career-high 23 points, including 17 in the first half, to lead Missouri to a 89-61 win over Georgia on Saturday.
Missouri (11-3) used runs of 18-2 and 12-0 to race to a 46-28 halftime lead and Georgia (7-5) couldn't make a dent in the huge deficit the rest of the way. The Tigers shot 54 percent and forced 23 turnovers, including 16 steals.
Bowers was 11 for 14, including his third career 3-pointer.
Missouri scored 35 points off turnovers while committing only nine turnovers.
Marcus Denmon added 13 points off the bench, going 3 for 6 from 3-point range. Missouri reserves outscored Georgia's 54-16.
Trey Thompkins, Georgia's leading scorer with a 16.5-point average, scored only nine points in limited action due to foul trouble.
Travis Leslie led Georgia with 18 points.
Missouri has won 28 in a row at home, the third-longest streak in the country.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
GEORGIA 28 33 61
MISSOURI 46 43 89 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: GEORGIA - TRAVIS LESLIE 18, TREY THOMPKINS 9,
RICKY MCPHEE 8
MISSOURI - LAURENCE BOWERS 23, MARCUS DENMON 13,
J.T. TILLER 11
Jan 2 6:02 PM
- NCAA BB
MISSOURI 46 HALFTIME
Jan 2 4:51 PM
- Georgia's Juwan Parker granted medical redshirt May 23
- Georgia signs forward Diatta as transfer from Southern Idaho Apr 20
- McGarity believes Georgia program still growing with Fox Mar 30
- Missouri players Isabell, Wright decide to transfer Mar 15
- Anderson gets vote of confidence from athletic director Mar 9
- J.J. Frazier keeps believing, keeps shooting for Georgia Mar 4
- Missouri says F D'Angelo Allen plans to transfer Feb 29
- Missouri dismisses junior guard Wes Clark Feb 16
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy Feb 9
- Georgia bracing for road trips to LSU and No. 17 Baylor Jan 25
- Banned Missouri booster says he meant no harm Jan 19
- Georgia looking for turnaround following ugly loss to Aggies Jan 19