Wyoming overwhelms Adams State 123-71Jan 2, 2010 - 11:34 PM LARAMIE, Wyo.(AP) -- A.J. Davis scored a career-high 26 points as Wyoming ran past Adams State 123-71 on Saturday.
Wyoming (7-7) was sluggish early against the Division II Grizzlies (3-8). Late in the first half, the Cowboys began wearing down Adams State with an aggressive full-court press.
The Cowboys forced 30 Adams State turnovers and scored 47 points off of those miscues.
Nick Fox scored 25 points for the Grizzlies.
Davis, who finished 8 of 11 from the field and 8 of 10 from the free-throw line, scored 17 points in the first half as Wyoming used a 12-1 run in the final 2:28 to lead 53-36.
Afam Muojeke scored 21 points for Wyoming, with Ryan Dermody and Djibril Thiam adding 19 points each.
- Shyatt steps down as Wyoming coach; Edwards is new coach Mar 21
- UNI holds off Wyoming Mar 20
- East Regional action pits Wyoming against Northern Iowa Mar 20
- Wyoming tops San Diego State for MWC title Mar 15
- Cowboys and Aztecs battle for MWC crown Mar 14
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17
- San Diego State tops No. 25 Wyoming Jan 15
- Aztecs challenge Cowboys in Mountain West showdown Jan 14
- Wyoming ends SDSU's 20-game win streak Feb 12