Nebraska drubs Maryland-Eastern Shore 74-60Jan 2, 2010 - 11:12 PM LINCOLN, Neb.(AP) -- Ryan Anderson scored 17 points and Nebraska used a 13-0 run early in the second half to take control and down Maryland-Eastern Shore 74-60 Saturday.
Anderson's 3-pointer with 18:50 left started the spurt for Nebraska (11-3). His layup two minutes later put the Cornhuskers up 40-29, and Eshaunte Jones' 3-pointer with 16:07 remaining gave Nebraska a 14-point lead over the Hawks (3-9). Maryland-Eastern Shore got no closer than 11 the rest of the way.
Nebraska put together a 12-2 run to take a 62-41 lead on Lance Jeter's free throwswith 7:48 left.
Nebraska led by as many as eight in the first half and had a 30-26 edge at intermission.
Jorge Brian Diaz scored 11 for the Huskers, and Brandon Richardson added 10.
Hillary Haley had 18 to lead the Hawks. Tim Burns finished with 10.
- Miami transfer, coveted 6-11 center sign with Cornhuskers May 17
- Butler assistant Michael Lewis joining Miles' Nebraska staff May 3
- Huskers' Andrew White declaring for draft but could return Apr 21
- Nebraska assistant resigning to take same job at Boise St. Apr 12
- Nebraska, Kansas agree to meet in basketball next 2 seasons Mar 1
- Huskers' Shields hits head, will follow concussion protocol Feb 6
- Undersized, young Huskers will count on celebrated recruits Oct 27
- Nebraska at a glance Oct 27
- Nebraska's Petteway declares for NBA Draft Apr 16
- Trimble, Wells help No. 10 Maryland beat Nebraska Mar 8
- Nebraska plays host to No. 10 Maryland Mar 8
- Trimble helps Maryland beat Nebraska Feb 19