Bowling Green defeats Saint Louis 59-50Jan 3, 2010 - 2:51 AM BOWLING GREEN, Ohio(AP) -- Otis Polk scored 13 points to lead Bowling Green in a 59-50 victory over Saint Louis on Saturday night.
Polk also grabbed nine rebounds for the Falcons (7-5), who hosted their first home game following a five-game road trip. Dee Brown added 12 points and five rebounds, while Erik Marschall chipped in with 11 points and seven rebounds.
Bowling Green began the game with an early 9-0 lead, as Saint Louis was held scoreless for the first 6 1/2 minutes. The Falcons held a 24-15 lead at halftime.
Bowling Green later opened up a big lead in the second half, thanks to an 8-2 and an 11-0 run, the latter of which gave the Falcons a 46-26 lead with 7:12 remaining. The Billikens got no closer than within nine for the final margin.
Kwamain Mitchell scored 13 points to lead Saint Louis (9-5), which had its two-game win streak snapped.
- NCAA BB
SAINT LOUIS 50
BOWLING GREEN 59 FINAL
Jan 2 9:10 PM
- NCAA BB
SAINT LOUIS 15
BOWLING GREEN 24 HALFTIME
Jan 2 7:48 PM
- Bowling Green fires men's hoops coach for conduct breach Apr 2
- Graham leads VCU's rout of Saint Louis Feb 18
- Saint Louis comes calling on No. 25 VCU Feb 17
- No. 16 VCU holds off Saint Louis with last-second shot Jan 23
- Billikens battle 16th-ranked Rams in A-10 action Jan 23
- Wichita State routs Saint Louis Dec 7
- Eighth-ranked Shockers set sights on Billikens Dec 6
- Jans named head coach at Bowling Green Mar 24
- Reports: Bowling Green to hire Wichita State's Jans Mar 23
- Louisville reaches Sweet 16 with win over Saint Louis Mar 22
- Cardinals battle Billikens in Midwest Regional Mar 22
- Saint Louis battles back, downs NC State in overtime Mar 21