N.C.-Wilmington 57, Va. Commonwealth 91Jan 2, 2010 - 10:31 PM RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Larry Sanders scored 16 points and blocked five shots to lead Virginia Commonwealth to a 91-57 rout over North Carolina-Wilmington on Saturday.
Seahawks coach Benny Moss called his last time out with 17:54 left in the game, trailing 51-17 after the Rams scored the first eight points in the second half. It didn't slow down the Rams (9-2, 1-1 Colonial Athletic Association), who opened the half with a 19-4 run, six by Sanders.
Virginia Commonwealth hit 9 of its first 10 field goal attempts. The Rams led by as many as 46.
The Seahawks (4-8, 0-2) missed 29 of their first 31 field goals attempts, trailing by as many as 32 in the first half. By scoring 11 points in the final 3:26 of the half, the Seahawks trailed 43-17 at halftime.
- Things looking more normal for Wade in Year 2 at VCU May 13
- VCU announces sophomore F Michael Gilmore is transferring May 3
- VCU restructures, extends contract of men's hoops coach Wade Mar 29
- Oklahoma faces another dangerous double-digit seed in VCU Mar 19
- Payton II following in father's NCAA footsteps at Oregon St Mar 17
- It's David vs. Goliath when UNC Wilmington meets Duke Mar 17
- VCU hoping to find winning formula again in NCAA Tournament Mar 16
- VCU seeking another shot at A10 Tournament championship Mar 9
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak Feb 5
- VCU coach Will Wade says surging Rams can't get complacent Jan 21
- Broken finger likely to sideline VCU's Burgess 'a few weeks' Jan 11
- Wade to begin VCU's post-Shaka era with modified 'Havoc' Nov 10