Morehead State defeats Austin Peay 68-65 in OTJan 3, 2010 - 5:29 AM MOREHEAD, Ky.(AP) -- Terrance Hill scored 13 points and Morehead State was 5-for-6 from the free throw line in the final 1:35 of overtime as the Eagles knocked off Austin Peay 68-65 on Saturday night.
Austin Peay's Anthony Campbell hit a 3-pointer to tie the score at 63 in overtime, but Maze Stallworth made a free throw and Kenneth Faried and Brandon Shingles each hit two for Morehead State (7-6, 2-1 Ohio Valley Conference).
Shingles' free throws gave the Eagles a 68-65 lead and Austin Peay's Wesley Channels missed a 3-pointer with 9 seconds left. Campbell missed another 3 at the buzzer.
Austin Peay's Caleb Brown forced OT by hitting two free throws to tie the score at 56 with 6 seconds left in regulation.
Faried, who had 19 rebounds, and Demonte Harper scored 12 points each for Morehead State.
Campbell had 24 points and Channels scored 19 for Austin Peay (8-7, 2-1).
- NCAA BB
AUSTIN PEAY 65
MOREHEAD ST 68 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 2 11:25 PM
- NCAA BB
AUSTIN PEAY 56
MOREHEAD ST 56 END OF 2ND HALF GOING INTO OVERTIME
Jan 2 11:04 PM
- NCAA BB
AUSTIN PEAY 25
MOREHEAD ST 32 HALFTIME
Jan 2 9:48 PM
- Coach Dave Loos returning as Austin Peay coach Apr 5
- Top-seeded Kansas opens tournament play vs. Austin Peay Mar 16
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Morehead State routs NAIA St. Catharine 105-66 Feb 16
- Racers rally to beat Morehead State in OVC semis Mar 7
- Eagles challenge Racers in OVC semifinals Mar 6
- Offense carries Buckeyes past Morehead State Dec 13
- Eagles and Buckeyes square off in non-conference action Dec 13
- Adams, Anderson pace UCLA past Morehead State Nov 23
- No. 22 UCLA plays host to Morehead State Nov 22
- Memphis cruises past Austin Peay Nov 14
- Tigers finally get underway against Governors Nov 14