Ford, Oral Roberts down North Dakota State 65-59Jan 3, 2010 - 3:24 AM FARGO, N.D.(AP) -- Kevin Ford's 18 points and game-high 12 rebounds paced Oral Roberts to a 65-59 victory over North Dakota State on Saturday night.
The Golden Eagles (8-7, 3-1 Summit League) also received 15 points from Dominique Morrison, 12 from Michael Craion and 11 from Ken Holdman.
Eric Carlson led the Bison (5-8, 2-2) with 19 points. He was supported by Josh Vaughan's 17 and Michael Tveidt's 10.
Oral Roberts, which broke a five-game road losing streak, shot only 35.2 percent (19 of 54). But the Bison could not take advantage, shooting 36.1 percent (22 of 61).
Oral Roberts went up 59-52 on Morrison's basket with 1:28 left.
A 7-1 spurt that ended with two free throws by Vaughan with 23 seconds left trimmed it to 60-59, but the Golden Eagles sank five consecutive free throws to win it.
Oral Roberts' biggest lead was 11.
- NCAA BB
ORAL ROBERTS 65
NO DAKOTA ST 59 FINAL
Jan 2 10:01 PM
- NCAA BB
ORAL ROBERTS 31
NO DAKOTA ST 23 HALFTIME
Jan 2 8:49 PM
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- Dupree returns to North Dakota St 2 weeks after leaving Jan 25
- North Dakota State guard leaves team in dispute over role Jan 12
- North Dakota State beats NAIA Valley City State 69-49 Nov 18
- Gonzaga holds off North Dakota State Mar 21
- Bison and Bulldogs get together in South Regional fracas Mar 20
- Bison edge Jackrabbits in Summit final thriller Mar 10
- Bison battle Jackrabbits in Summit League finale Mar 10
- No. 15 Oklahoma routs Oral Roberts Dec 16