South Dakota State routs Centenary 89-59Jan 3, 2010 - 4:39 AM BROOKINGS, S.D.(AP) -- South Dakota State jumped out to a 27-point halftime lead and had 12 players score Saturday en route to an 89-59 victory over Centenary.
Dale Moss had 14 points, Kai Williams 13, Clint Sargent 11 and Anthony Cordova 10 for the Jackrabbits (7-8, 3-1 Summit), who led 48-21 at halftime.
South Dakota State, which shot 55 percent (32 for 58) from the field, outscored Centenary 40-18 on points in the paint and 31-14 on points off turnovers in the rout.
Roman Tubner had 22 points for Centenary (5-9, 1-3), which shot just 38.5 percent from the field and committed 17 turnovers. Pedro Maciel added 11 points for the Gentlemen.
- South Dakota St hires Otzelberger as men's basketball coach Apr 14
- Jackrabbits seek 1st NCAA Tournament win Mar 17
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- South Dakota State beats D-II Wayne State 80-53 Dec 2
- Bittle scores 23, South Dakota St. beats Chadron St., 87-52 Nov 14
- Bison edge Jackrabbits in Summit final thriller Mar 10
- Bison battle Jackrabbits in Summit League finale Mar 10
- No. 23 Northern Iowa tops South Dakota St. Dec 28
- Jackrabbits come calling on 23rd-ranked Panthers Dec 28
- No. 14 Utah tops South Dakota State Dec 24