Hazzard's 23 points lead Troy over Denver 64-46Jan 3, 2010 - 4:30 AM TROY, Ala.(AP) -- Brandon Hazzard scored 23 points as Troy remained unbeaten in Sun Belt Conference play with a 64-46 victory over Denver on Saturday night.
Richard Delk added 16 points for the Trojans (8-6, 3-0), including eight during an 18-4 run at the start of the second half that turned a 24-23 Pioneers halftime lead into a 41-28 Troy lead with 12:12 to play.
Denver (10-5, 3-1) turned the ball over six times in that stretch, leading to eight of Troy's points. For the game, Troy scored 13 points off 11 Denver turnovers, while the Pioneers scored just two points off eight turnovers by the Trojans.
Delk had five steals for Troy, which shot 56.5 percent (13-for-23) in the second half. Denver shot a season-low 39.1 percent (18-for-46) for the game.
Andrew Hooper and Nate Rohnert scored nine points each and Rob Lewis eight to lead Denver.
- University of Denver hires Rodney Billups as coach Mar 14
- Denver fires coach Joe Scott after 9 seasons Mar 11
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- Rosga, Denver beat Omaha, advance to Summit League semis Mar 7
- Northern Iowa tops Denver on 30 shots Dec 10
- Panthers hit road to take on Pioneers Dec 10
- Troy names Cunningham new men's basketball coach Mar 26
- No. 17 Mississippi State routs Troy Dec 10
- Trojans hit road seeking upset of 17th-ranked Bulldogs Dec 10
- Cobbs leads Cal over Denver Nov 26
- Golden Bears and Pioneers battle in Berkeley Nov 26
- White scores 27 as Ole Miss tops Troy 84-65 in NIT Mar 17