Northern Colorado defeats Northern Arizona 75-66Jan 3, 2010 - 4:02 AM FLAGSTAFF, Ariz.(AP) -- Will Figures scored a game-high 21 points and Devon Beitzel added 15 as Northern Colorado topped Northern Arizona 75-66 on Saturday night.
The Bears (13-3, 2-1 Big Sky) trailed 6-4 in the opening minutes of the game, but then went on a 14-3 run to open up an 18-9 lead. They never trailed again.
The Lumberjacks (6-8, 0-3) cut the lead to 33-30 in the opening minute of the first half when Nick Larson hit a 3-pointer.
But the Bears responded with a 6-0 run and the Lumberjacks never got closer than three points the rest of the way.
Yahosh Bonner added 14 points for the Bears.
Larson led the Lumberjacks with 20 points and eight rebounds and Cameron Jones added 15. Eric Platt chipped in with 13.
The Bears went into the matchup 0-4 against Northern Arizona at the Walkup Skydome, but came away with a win to continue their early season surge.
- Boise State assistant named head coach at Northern Colorado May 1
- Northern Colorado fires men's basketball coach B.J. Hill Apr 21
- Northern Arizona returns 4 players from CIT runner-up team Nov 4
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- Northern Arizona coach suspended for fracas in Big Sky tourney Mar 15
- Arizona rolls, remains unbeaten Dec 24
- Lumberjacks hope to chop down top-ranked Wildcats Dec 23
- Wichita State routs Northern Colorado Dec 9
- 24th-ranked Shockers play host to struggling Bears Dec 8
- No. 9 Arizona thumps Northern Arizona Nov 29
- Wildcats play host to rival Lumberjacks Nov 28