Tennessee Tech trounces Southeast Missouri 82-73Jan 3, 2010 - 4:39 AM CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo.(AP) -- Frank Davis drained six 3-pointers and scored 20 points to lead Tennessee Tech past Southeast Missouri 82-73 on Saturday night.
Elijah Muhammad scored 18 points and Kevin Murphy and Bassey Inameti added 14 apiece for the Golden Eagles (7-6, 1-1 Ohio Valley), who won their fourth game in a row.
Anthony Allison hit 5 3-pointers and led the Redhawks (4-9, 1-2) with 17 points. Sam Peterson scored 15, while Cameron Butler and Jajuan Maxwell had 10 apiece.
The Golden Eagles made 28 of their 50 shots (56.0 percent), with Inameti going 6-for-6 and Davis 7-for-11. Southeast Missouri shot only 38.2 percent, making 21 of 55.
Tennessee Tech blasted to a 16-2 lead, but the Redhawks regrouped and the cushion never grew past 18. In fact, the lead stayed in single figures for the final 14 minutes.
Tennessee Tech led 36-23 at intermission.
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE TECH 82
SE MISSOURI 73 FINAL
Jan 2 11:09 PM
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE TECH 36
SE MISSOURI 23 HALFTIME
Jan 2 9:48 PM
- Tennessee Tech overtakes Robert Morris in 85-72 win Nov 27
- Tennessee Tech rips Piedmont College, 110-72 Nov 14
- Goodwin, Memphis stomp SEMO Dec 21
- Southeast Missouri hits road to challenge No. 15 Memphis Dec 21
- Tennessee Tech no match for No. 24 Oklahoma State Dec 22
- Pokes put perfect home mark on line against Golden Eagles Dec 22
- No. 12 Mizzou snaps to attention, beats SE Missouri State Dec 5
- Tigers set to pounce on Redhawks Dec 4
- Kansas downs Southeast Missouri State Nov 9
- SEMO seeks season-opening upset of No. 7 Kansas Nov 9
- Murray State routs Tennessee Tech in OVC semifinals Mar 2
- Golden Eagles hope to knock Racers out of OVC Tournament Mar 2