Weber State gets past Montana 64-56Jan 3, 2010 - 4:16 AM OGDEN, Utah(AP) -- Damian Lillard scored a career-high 30 points as Weber State beat Montana 64-56 on Saturday night.
Lillard's biggest shot of the game came in the closing minutes when he hit a 3-pointer with 1:40 left to break a 54-54 tie. He then gave the Wildcats (9-6, 3-0 Big Sky) a 59-54 lead with a layup with 39 seconds left.
Will Cherry scored 17 points to lead the Grizzlies (10-6, 1-3), who trailed 33-23 at halftime but opened the second half on an 8-1 run and eventually led 50-42.
Lillard scored 16 of his points in the first half and at one point had outscored the entire Montana team, 14-13.
Steve Panos had 10 points for the Wildcats, including a key layup off an offensive rebound with 14 seconds to play to give Weber State a 62-54 lead.
Brian Qvale had 14 points for Montana while Anthony Johnson scored 11.
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- No. 19 Oklahoma blows past Weber State Dec 22
- Oklahoma hoping to bounce back in bout with Weber State Dec 22
- Montana tabs DeCuire to replace Tinkle May 31
- Gordon helps Arizona get past Weber State Mar 21
- Weber State faces tall task in clash with No. 1 seed Arizona Mar 21
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- Montana dismisses Coleman Jun 7