BYU defeats Eastern New Mexico, 95-49Jan 3, 2010 - 4:25 AM PROVO, Utah(AP) -- Michael Loyd Jr. scored 17 points off the bench to help BYU defeat Division II Eastern New Mexico 95-49 on Saturday night.
Loyd scored 10 points in a 17-4 run late in the first half as the Cougars (14-1) built a 57-27 halftime lead.
Tyler Jefferson and Equs Darby each scored 10 points for Eastern New Mexico (5-6).
The Cougars won for the ninth straight time despite playing without their two leading scorers, Jimmer Fredette (strep throat) and Jackson Emery (bruised heel).
Jonathan Tavernari, starting for the first time since Dec. 2 in place of Emery, scored eight points in an early 16-4 BYU run. Tavernari finished with 15 points and moved into 19th place on BYU's all-time scoring list.
Noah Hartsock scored 12 points for BYU and added a game-high eight rebounds and six assists. Chris Miles contributed 13 points and six rebounds.
- BYU freshman phenom Emery having record-setting season Feb 26
- BYU escapes with 69-67 win over San Diego Feb 19
- Utah coach says 'toxic' atmosphere halted BYU series Jan 11
- Utah cancels basketball game against BYU next season Jan 6
- BYU guard Nick Emery suspended 1 game for punching opponent Dec 3
- BYU's Kyle Collinsworth relishes Mr. Triple-Double title Dec 3
- No. 17 Oklahoma women rebound to defeat BYU 73-47 Nov 19
- Ole Miss surges back to beat BYU in Dayton Mar 18
- BYU and Ole Miss meet in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 17
- No. 7 Gonzaga beats BYU to win 14th WCC title Mar 11
- Bulldogs and Cougars collide in WCC title game Mar 10
- BYU ends No. 3 Gonzaga's 41-game home win streak Mar 1