CS Northridge 43, Pacific 52Jan 3, 2010 - 5:24 AM STOCKTON, Calif. (AP) -- Joe Ford had 10 points, 11 rebounds and four blocked shots to lead Pacific to a 52-43 victory over Cal State Northridge on Saturday in a Big West Conference opener.
Ford, the reigning Big West defensive player of the year, spearheaded a defensive effort by the Tigers that limited Northridge to 29 percent shooting from the field.
Northridge, the two-time defending Big West champion, was held 15 points below its previous season-low total.
Pat Eveland led Pacific (8-5) with a career-high 14 points, including four 3-pointers.
Vinnie McGhee scored 13 points to lead Northridge (4-8). Lenny Daniel had nine points and nine rebounds for the Matadors.
- Pacific hires Damon Stoudamire as new basketball coach Mar 16
- Suspended Pacific coach Ron Verlin leaves school Mar 3
- Wiltjer's career-high 45 points guides Gonzaga past Pacific Feb 20
- No. 3 Gonzaga sets sights on WCC crown Feb 19
- Gonzaga routs Pacific Jan 24
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with third-ranked Zags Jan 24
- Blackshear scores 31 as Louisville routs CS-Northridge Dec 24
- Matadors hit road to challenge fourth-ranked Cardinals Dec 23
- Johnson, Arizona cruise past CS Northridge Nov 17
- Matadors seek upset of second-ranked Wildcats Nov 16
- Matadors visit 16th-ranked Aztecs to tip off season Nov 14
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16