Jones, Waters lead Portland State to 94-66 victoryJan 3, 2010 - 5:00 AM PORTLAND, Ore.(AP) -- Jamie Jones scored a career-high 26 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to lead Portland State to a 94-66 win over Sacramento State on Saturday night.
Dominic Waters also scored 26 points for the Vikings (7-7, 2-0 Big Sky) while Phil Nelson added 18.
Duro Bjegovic led the Hornets (6-10, 1-3) with 17 points, and John Dickson had 12.
Portland State trailed 14-11 eight minutes into the game before hitting four unanswered 3-pointers during a 12-0 run that gave it a 23-14 advantage with 9:21 left in the half. The Vikings put the game away in the second half and led 70-50 after Waters capped a 9-0 run with a layup with 9:31 to play.
Portland State connected on 13-of-27 3-pointers, outrebounded Sacramento State 43-25 and shot 54 percent to the Hornets' 41 percent.
- Gonzaga pounds Sacramento State Nov 15
- Bulldogs get underway in showdown with Hornets Nov 14
- Adams leads the way again as UCLA rolls Nov 19
- Hornets hoping to sting Bruins Nov 18
- Oklahoma State handles Portland State Nov 25
- Vikings hope to navigate past 20th-ranked Cowboys Nov 25
- Weber State holds off Portland State 69-60 Mar 9
- Portland St. 68, Montana St. 65 Mar 7
- Portland State slips past Montana State 68-65 Mar 7
- Garcia leads Seattle past Portland State 93-80 Mar 4
- Waters, Portland State upend Weber State 84-79 Feb 28
- Northern Colorado defeats Sacramento State, 78-66 Feb 28