Bowdry, Eastern Michigan beat Chicago State 59-47Jan 3, 2010 - 9:14 PM YPSILANTI, Mich.(AP) -- Brandon Bowdry had game highs of 23 points and nine rebounds Sunday to lead Eastern Michigan past Chicago State 59-47.
Antonio Green added 11 points for the Eagles (8-5), off to their best start since 2004-05.
Carl Montgomery and Christian Wall scored 10 points apiece to lead the Cougars (5-10), who shot only 34.7 percent (17 of 49) and missed all 10 of their 3-pointers.
Eastern Michigan was not much more accurate, hitting 37.7 percent (20 of 53). But the Eagles did convert 6 of 21 3-pointers (28.6 percent).
Chicago State roared ahead 13-2 to open the game and led 24-19 at halftime.
But the Eagles took the lead for good when Bowdry's basket made it 31-30 with 14:44 to go.
The lead finally reached 10 points at 48-38 with 7:41 left on Carlos Medlock's 3-pointer, but it crept no higher until Green's free throws provided the final margin.
- Eastern Michigan cruises past NAIA Rochester (Mich) 86-58 Dec 8
- Chicago State pulls away from Trinity International, 81-69 Nov 21
- No. 25 Michigan State beats EMU Dec 18
- Spartans set sights on soaring Eagles Dec 17
- Syracuse cruises past Eastern Michigan Dec 31
- Eagles hoping to soar past second-ranked Orange Dec 31
- Parker, Duke cruise past Eastern Michigan Dec 28
- Ninth-ranked Blue Devils set sights on Eagles Dec 28
- No. 21 UMass downs Eastern Michigan Dec 3
- Eagles hoping to soar past 21st-ranked Minutemen Dec 3
- Cauley-Stein, No. 3 Kentucky crush Eastern Michigan Nov 27
- Eagles put perfect mark on line against third-ranked Wildcats Nov 27