Maryland routs UNC-Greensboro 97-63Jan 3, 2010 - 8:25 PM GREENSBORO, N.C.(AP) -- Greivis Vasquez had 24 points and Landon Milbourne added 22 to help Maryland run away from North Carolina-Greensboro 97-63 on Sunday.
Adrian Bowie and Dino Gregory each finished with 11 points for the Terrapins (9-4), who made nine of their first 10 shots and were never threatened.
Maryland shot 54.5 percent for the game (36-for-66) and put it away with a 21-7 spurt to open the second half. That run put the Terps up 73-41, and the Spartans (2-11) couldn't recover.
The Spartans, who fell to 0-6 versus Atlantic Coast Conference teams, finished 19-for-69 from the field (27.5 percent). UNC-Greensboro came in shooting 39 percent on the season (316th out of the 334 Division I teams), and their 9.4 assists per game was 314th.
Ben Stywall led UNC-Greensboro with 17 points and 11 rebounds, his third consecutive double-double, all against teams from the ACC.
- Maryland's Stone to sign agent, Trimble declares for draft Apr 11
- Maryland junior Robert Carter enters name in NBA draft Apr 7
- Maryland's late-season fade leads into offseason of change Mar 25
- No. 5 Maryland outworked by top-seeded Kansas in Sweet 16 Mar 25
- Top-seeded Kansas expects battle from No. 5 Maryland Mar 24
- Maryland assumes underdog role against top-seeded Kansas Mar 22
- No. 13 seed Hawaii to play 4th-seeded Maryland Mar 19
- Jackrabbits seek 1st NCAA Tournament win Mar 17
- Fifth-seed Maryland enters NCAA Tournament lacking momentum Mar 15
- No. 14 Maryland stumbling toward the finish in Big Ten Mar 2
- Trimble and No. 10 Maryland hope 6-day break is beneficial Feb 26
- Maryland center Diamond Stone suspended 1 game by coach Feb 15